Thursday, 30 June 2011

Summerlicious

A week into my Summer, and I am so chuffed to be off at last. Due to painfully starting my exams first and then being one of the last to finish, the feeling of relief that overwhelmed me to begin with and which is still within me, was and is fantastic. It's actually pretty funny.. I'd be sitting enjoying the wonderful tennis that is on show at Wimbledon at the moment, and then I'd get a feeling inside me. It took a while to realise but this feeling is actually guilt.. a feeling that I got ever so used to whenever I avoided revision from the middle of may until last week. But then I remember I am finished all exams, and off for summer. FUCK YES.

As I sit and type this entry, I look outside and notice the rain falling from the dark clouds and think, "Pfft, some weather for summer". I do hope that this improves.. drastically. Hail stones in summer just doesn't do it for me. Shocker.

Anyway, probably what I have been doing most in my first week off for summer is watching Wimbledon. I have actually been glued to it, I seriously do watch pretty much every single match. But hey, I love sport and I love tennis.

Today saw the definite biggest upset thus far in the competition, with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga beating the 16 time grand-slam and 6 time Wimbledon champion Roger Federer in a five set thriller. This was the first time Federer has lost in a grand-slam tournament from winning by two sets to zero. I was cheering and chanting for Jo throughout the match, as I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the under-dog beating the great champion. I feel it was great for the tournament, and it obviously gives Murray a better shot at it. In fairness though, Roger went out gracefully, and took losing like a man, which I have lots of respect for. I do however have a cheeky £5 bet on Murray to win Wimbledon, which I placed before the tournament started.. and I was pleased to see him convincingly beat Felciano Lopez today.

Below is a picture of the sexy beast in action at this years Wimbledon.




...

I began writing this just before heading to the cinema last night at about 8.30pm. It is now then next morning and I have now seen Transformers 3, 3D. I'll just be brutally honest in my next sentence. I felt very let down leaving the cinema as it was indeed quite woeful. I mean don't get me wrong there are worse movies out there, but it just didn't do the trick. Firstly, it was two and a half hours long, and it pretty much had me bored with an hour or so to go. It was quite cheesy at parts.. and Shia Labeouf destroyed the top dog of all transformers. Yeah, really realistic. ALSO there was no MEGAN FOX. Enough said.

I am very excited about this coming Summer, as I will be doing a show in Belvoir Players, Belfast. The book on which the play is based on is being released on the 7th July, so very soon indeed. It is called "Popular" and it's by a guy called Gareth Russell. You should definitely go and get the book when it comes out, and then come and see the show at the start of September. I am extremely pleased to say I got a principle role, so roll on the rehearsals! I have a cast read through tomorrow at 9am so I'll meet the rest of the cast, and I'm looking forward to doing so. 

Hearing the moans and groans of two women downstairs, I'm reminded that (no, very funny you dirty minded git) the first Ladies Semi-Final has started. Having just received news that my dad is at Wimbledon at Centre Court watching it, I am seriously jealous. Damn him. He probably doesn't even care he is there. Ah well, I'll just go watch on television (boohoo) and try and spot him out in the crowd. 

Just wanted to check in, as I hadn't in a while. Hope your all well.

Laters, R.

No comments:

Post a Comment