Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Independence Day, eh?

Now that Wimbledon is over, a big portion of "HEYA, GUESS WHAT? YOU DON'T HAVE A LIFE!" came and slapped my face up. I pondered on the question, "What will I actually do during the day now?" for a staggering 7.3 seconds...before sighing and thinking, "Sleep".  Ok but seriously firstly, I actually do wonder what the heck I will do and secondly, I can't do that. EVERY flipping Summer I promise myself that I won't sleep most of my holiday away, to no prevail thus far unfortunately. This Summer could be different starting from now!..or not, bed is a glorious place.

Today was actually quite a sad day, and a mildly depressing one too. Seeing status updates and pictures being uploaded from the tour party (in which I was forced to drop out of) earlier was rather tough to look at. I thought to myself when the boys departed for the U.S.A. and Canada tour, "I can do this, I can do this. I shan't be too upset. I know that if it had have been possible I'd be with them, but hey, it was out of my hands and there was nothing that could have been done". That was fine. It was when I saw on my news feed that the lads had "checked in" at Seattle which really hit home. Fucking stupid lame excuse of a rugby tour with a crowd of smelly young males never even wanted to go anyway. Aye.

When hanging up the phone that day after dad rang to tell the bad news which I meant I couldn't go, I had held out hope of going to Oxegen as it would be class to go again following last year's amazing 4 days. It would have too offer some sort of consolation to losing out on a trip of a lifetime. It is now actually only a matter of days until the music festival begins, as it starts on Thursday. With this being 2.44am on Tuesday morning, I somehow doubt that I will be in attendance. The funny thing is, is that it actually isn't the fact that Oxegen is 2 days away which would stop me going, it's due to being completely skint. Due to being a very laid back bloke, I'd classify this as ample time to buy a ticket, buy a tent, buy a huge carryout and get down to Punchestown Racecourse, but unfortunately I don't have the funds to do so.

So yea, depressing much eh? No rugby tour, and no Oxegen. On the plus side, I can be thankful for everything I do have and everything I will get to do this Summer....LOL JK anyone who tries to tell me that, here's a warning to you. I will hunt you down, and I will kill you. Only kidding I do have things to look forward to, thank god : -




  • London - 15th-22nd July. Visiting dad with my sister.
  • "Popular" - This is the play I am doing this summer, which is to be performed in the first week of September 2011. Rehearsals will be starting very soon.
  • Sleeping 

Today is obviously a great day for millions of people in America as it is their national day. It is the "4th July" and obviously their "Independence Day", as years ago in 1776 the legal separation of the Thirteen Colonies from the Kingdom of Britain occurred. It is celebrated today as it is thought to have been on this day when Congress signed the Declaration of Independence, despite many historians concluding that the Declaration was signed nearly a month after its adoption, on August 2nd 1776 and not on the 4th July as is commonly believed. Anyway, who cares. It is celebrated today and so, Happy 4th July to all the Americans out there, and more importantly to Abby! Long may your Independence last, as I'm sure it will.



...Abby Metcalfe!

Hope your all OK, and aren't as depressed as I!

On the plus note, we are having god damn sexy weather right now. Northern Ireland, I'm impressed.

Laters, R.


1 comment:

  1. Despite this being a slightly depressing blog in place,I must say that it is probably by far the best one yet! Most likely due to that fact that I got a mention...TWICE, must I point out! So proud, made my Independence Day that much better :). Anyway, other than the relatively sad persona of this blog, and obvious warning; I hope you get everything you want out of this summer - if it's any consolidation haha.

    ReplyDelete